Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Hardcover Bookset vs Story Collection Book

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cant decide between the two. I would really like to get new Felicity books as my old ones are paperback and starting to fall apart. (theyve been read MANY times and are over ten years old) I dont know if I want to get the hardcover bookset so I have each book separate, or save some money and get the collection book. I do know that I want the current books over the ones that Felicity will probably get later in the year, I dont like the look of the new books for any of the girls and so I dont want to get stuck with that. Any opinions?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You might want to get the story collection, since you already have seperate books.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ckropp's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2003
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the collections because of the gold trimmed pages and the book mark that is attached.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member equestrienne81's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, shortie421, you sound like me!! I also have the Felicity paperbacks, and they too are over ten years old (actually more like 15!) and they have been read and loved to death. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I personally think that I would like to get a Story Collection, simply because I have Samantha's already and I love the gilded pages and ribbon bookmark. I think they look so rich in a bookshelf. Plus they would take up a little less space than a bookset, I should think. And I don't like the "new look" of the covers either. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Cathy66--those gold edged pages on the Story Collections are beautiful, and the gold bookmark is very elegant. I'm surprised that everyone hasn't gone on to the story collections (versus buying individual books). You cannot compare the Story collections to anything else. Its like reading a very special book.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TexasMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We went with the individual books because I have a young reader. I thought the individual books would be less intimidating than the larger volume of the collection.

    For me personally, I prefer the story collections!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The only advantage for having the individual books is at the end of each book there's a looking back section, so you don't get most of those in the story collections. However, I do have all of the story collections and I love them, except that the see-through book jackets tear easily. Some of my book jackets of books I've read over and over again are badly torn and I've considered replacing the ones I have with the signifigantly torn jackets.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To Katie; Really? Well thats no good! I did know that not all the looking back sections are in the Story Collection but I was ok with that since I have the individual books too even if they are in bad shape. Im not going to get rid of them for sentimental reasons (my parents got the box set with Felicity when I got her from them) I just dont want to continue reading them over and over since they are starting to fall apart. I recently got Addys set in hardcover for the same reason right before they switched to the current book covers and Im really happy with those which was why I wasnt sure what to get for Felicity. Either way, I will look at them today and see what I think. Ill let y'all know what I decide, if make up my mind at all! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh one other thing, can you not take the dust jacket off the book when you read it? Or do they just tear that easily? [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've decided to collect all the story collections and then supplement them with the "World" books to get the historical element. I love books as objects and the story collections are just such beautiful pieces to have on one's bookshelf. You can certainly take the cover off when you read it - just put it somewhere safe.

    - Becca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •